Seeking a Technical Writer to plan, organize, research, write, edit, format, and produce very complex technical, and administrative documents (e.g., policies & procedures, directives, technical architectural design, reports, hardware and software documentation) for internal and external audiences, using a variety of content delivery tools. Creates documents in real-time for meetings and committees. Takes end-to-end responsibility for jobs, from intake to solution distribution.
Technical Writer to Create Processes, Standards
What You’ll Do
- Gathers requirements directly from the GRC team, and defines strategies for implementation.
- Troubleshoots complex diverse issues.
- Researches and analyzes industry standards, trends, and technologies.
- Participates in developing recommendations.
- Advises authors on complex questions on language, style, and audience awareness.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Manages files received via email or upload to document repositories (e.g., Documentum, SharePoint), ensuring configuration control.
- Lays out material for publication.
- May arrange for duplication and distribution of material.
- Ensures that all materials are in accordance with internal standards.
- Conducts quality review of technical materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of distribution.
What You Need To Have
- Bachelor’s degree in technical writing or related discipline with a minimum of 6 years of related experience.
- Advanced knowledge in technical communication, including various reports, presentations, and/or academic practices and standards.
- Knowledge of the end-to-end documentation process, from intake to printed and electronic output and distribution.
- Recent experience writing, editing, producing, and overseeing technical writing of policies, procedures, reports, presentations, and/or similar documentation.
- Proven ability to innovate work processes and to lead the implementation of industry best practices in technical communication technology and methods.
- Advanced critical analysis and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions for technical communication issues.
Where You’ll Be
- Port of Long Beach, California
- Full Time
Who To Contact
- Sheryl Rooker, SRooker@peoplewarestaffing.com