We are looking for a process-driven and detail-oriented technical operations leader to lead a team responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of our SaaS Customer Data Platform (e.g. client implementation) and on-going operations for some of the country’s largest brick and mortar brands. An experienced, seasoned, and composed technical leader, the incumbent will be responsible for providing our clients with an industry-leading experience as they engage with our products. You will lead your team in a variety of client-facing interactions, including our initial mutual technical due diligence as part of the sales process, active engagement with their technologists while implementing incoming and outgoing data integrations, and addressing ad-hoc, urgent platform performance issues.
We’re counting on your veteran experience, natural leadership, inherent curiosity, and tenacious will to resolve issues at their root. Meanwhile, your phenomenal skills in SQL, scripting, Excel, and troubleshooting applications running in AWS will be known throughout the land…or something like that.
This is a 24/7 leadership role with a strong preference for candidates local to West Los Angeles
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team focused on providing a stellar client platform operating experience 24/7. Serve as the primary contact for technical operations of our platform for client teams with an ability to interact effectively with C-level business contacts as well as technical subject matter experts on the client-side.
- Develop forward-thinking, proactive processes, and automation tools that monitor platform performance and client experience, highlight anomalies for further investigation and lead to rapid problem-solving. Develop reporting dashboards, custom instrumentation, and alerts to provide real-time system performance data and share that data.
- Leverage your technical skills along with creative problem-solving to respond to a variety of ad-hoc client / internal data handling needs. Lead the ad-hoc, cross-functional teams needed to solve operating issues as they arise.
- Manage your team’s response to technical support inquiries from internal teams, clients, and partners and lead your team on client implementations (initial platform delivery) with an ability to handle multiple client implementations simultaneously with ease.
- Complete analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance and provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed pre-implementation planning, and other services. Your team’s work-life balance and the platform’s success meeting client expectations will be directly related to your ability to proactively identify and resolve potential issues reliably and repeatedly.
- Inspect and validate client data for internal system processing, develop methods to convert client data to appropriate formats as needed, investigate anomalies in data or data handling that prevent successful platform execution.
- Manage a team of technical resources ensuring the team consistently meets/exceeds productivity expectations, coach and mentor team members on skill development (including soft skills), and identify opportunities to grow team members.
- The right person will be highly technical, analytical, and have experience managing technical teams. In addition, this person will have a record of driving projects to improve support-related processes and the technical support experience and be passionate about the growth and success of clients. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
What You Need To Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 6 – 10 years of client solution engineering leadership experience with substantial gravitas with IT people and business people.
- Have led client implementation projects for SaaS, preferably data platforms; client-facing experience/gravitas
- Experience leading the team in techops / solutions engineering
- Strong experience with SQL and AWS services, alerting, and monitoring tools.
- Working knowledge of software development practices (agile) and technologies highly desired.
- Technical background includes SQL, Python, Node.js, multiple database technologies.
- Past experience as a systems administration, application engineer, or software development engineer
- Experience managing a combination of onshore and offshore resources to meet project requirements.
Where You’ll Be
- Los Angeles, California
- Full Time
Who To Contact
- Brent Gilinsky, firstname.lastname@example.org