Looking for a Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst/Engineer with significant experience in managing cybersecurity systems. This person will have hands-on responsibilities in the management and administration of a comprehensive information security program.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with planning and implementing cybersecurity measures to protect networking, servers, applications, and computer systems.
- Monitor and utilize security toolsets to identify suspicious and malicious activities and inadequate security practices across the network (e.g., analyze network traffic, vulnerability scans, identification of computer viruses, unauthorized user activity) which may compromise the integrity and availability of systems).
- Perform Active Threat Hunting responding to security events and initiating remediation efforts.
- Assist with incident response planning, respond, and investigate cybersecurity events and incidences.
- Writes reports for management regarding incidences and false positives.
- Review security information and event management logs and reports, provide findings and recommendations to IM leadership.
- Perform risk assessments and mitigation planning.
- Facilitate internal and external penetration testing.
- Assist with the development and implementation of information security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Review the designs of proposed major applications and upgrades for compliance with security policy; perform routine security audits, report findings, and recommend related system enhancements.
- Participate in capacity planning and security assessment; participate in business continuity, cyber incident, and disaster planning and recovery procedures.
- Maintain relationships with local, state, and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies to stay current on IT security-related updates/changes.
- Work with outside consultants as appropriate for independent security audits.
What You Need To Have
- 5+ years of experience in managing enterprise cybersecurity systems
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or related field
- And one of these certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Global Information Assurance Certification Security Essentials (GSEC)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
Where You’ll Be
- Long Beach, California
- Full Time
Email your resume to Sheryl Rooker SRooker@peoplewarestaffing.com