Looking for an IT Cybersecurity Project Manager to handle multiple projects with a broad scope, ambiguity, and high degree of difficulty.
What You’ll Do
- Expert in demonstrating proficiency in a wide range of information IT security technologies, embedded security, and platforms.
- Expert with a high level of analytical ability where problems are typically unusual and difficult – gather and interpret complex qualitative or quantitative data.
- Maintain a working knowledge of cybersecurity principles and elements.
- Understand program structure, launch plan and timing, and program ownership.
- Work with a project team(s), overseeing the development of security systems for the protection of data, assets, and computing environment.
- Combine both management skills and specific security system knowledge, coordinate the security project through its progressive stages, with the goal of project completion within specified time and budget constraints.
- Must possess certain traits, such as flexibility, assertiveness, approachability, and foresight. Being able to handle stressful situations, to delegate tasks, and to bring together the ideas of team members are also crucial.
- Monitor costs and schedules while maintaining an appropriate level of quality in security system development and installation.
- Provide updated status reports on project health, overall progress, identify and communicate any roadblocks/risks, and escalate accordingly to the project sponsor, as needed.
What You Need To Have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, management information systems, or equivalent.
- Structured project management experience in deploying security-related initiatives.
- Broad experience in computer and network systems, including IT security.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and make decisions and recommendations with limited data.
- Solid analytical/problem-solving skills with the capability to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems.
- Possess project management certifications required and any appropriate technology certifications would be desired from professional organizations.
- Very good understanding and familiarity with cybersecurity frameworks (ISO, NIST, HiTrust, COBIT, MITRE, etc.).
- Strong preference for consulting.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment.
Where You’ll Be
- Port of Long Beach, California
- Full Time
Who To Contact
- Sheryl Rooker, SRooker@peoplewarestaffing.com