Seeking an Embedded Application Engineer for a local manufacturing company to analyze, design, program, debug, and modify firmware (embedded code), typically using C++ with VHDL. Work often involves analog and digital hardware and Linux operating systems. Position requires knowledge of and exposure to hardware design such as LCD display systems, PWM backlighting, keypad decode, and heater controls.
What You’ll Do
- Design enhancements, updates, and programming changes for subsystems and embedded code.
- Write and execute complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into the application architecture.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding firmware design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Analyze designs to determine the coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of the overall architecture of the product or solution.
What You Need To Have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and a minimum of 3 years related experience in embedded software development.
- Solid programming experience in C++. Experience with VHDL desired, but not mandatory.
- Knowledge and experience with many different microprocessors such as PIC16/18/32, as well as HW peripherals through I2C, SPI, RS-232, USB, Ethernet and CAN bus.
- Knowledge of firmware testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Proven experience in embedded systems design.
- Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, both within and outside one’s own workgroup.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to identify and solve complex system-level issues.
- Ability to plan work and accomplish challenging objectives with minimal direction.
- Excellent analytical and empirical problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Ability to evaluate design and system performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Where You’ll Be
- Van Nuys, California
- Full Time
Email your resume to Sheryl Rooker SRooker@peoplewarestaffing.com